Access Article Manager
1. Click Article Manager button in Control Panel or go to the Content Menu Item and click on Article Manager there.
2. Search for the article using Filter search box or by using the drop downs (Section Category Author State)
3. Click on article and update
4. Same interface for creating and updating except the create one is empty.
Article Manager interface
Article Create / Update
1. Create an article by clicking an new.
2. Find the article you wish to change – using the filter and drop downs.
3. Click on the article and you are into the interface which enables you to adjust the article.
Note the following elements
1. Title – this is very important for search and should have strong keywords. A good title will attract viewers but will also be good for the SEO of your website.
2. Ensure section and category are correct as this is often used to determine where these articles are displayed.
3. The text editor is relatively intuitive and not much different to using Word. B = bold, I is italics. The 2 really important elements to understand are links and images
1. Links – hightlight a piece of text (keywords only) and then click the icon that looks like a link in a chain. This then allows you to type in a URL and a description. You can use links to important pages on the site, important external sites (if necessary) and to product pages where appropriate.
2. Images – in order to add an image, click the image button below the text editing area.
1. Brings you to a dialog box which allows you to add an image from your desktop to the server and then allows you to add an image from the server.
2. If an image is already loaded it allows you to drill through to the correct directory and use it.
4. Article Parameters is where you update the author and publishing information
5. In the advanced parameters section you can alter some basic display options
6. In the Metadata information section you can add your Meta Description and Keywords.
1. Adding a link into our text content (this is really important for SEO)
2. Highlight the text and click on the image with the chain link in it.
3. His brings up the following dialog box
4. Add in the address you want to point to, if it’s a page within the site then the “Target” should be “Open link in same window” if it’s a link to a page outside the site then “Open link in a new window”. Write in a title and lace it with good keywords.
Add an Image
1. In the bottom right corner of the article create / update interface is the image button
2. Clicking on the image button brings up the following
3. The screen shows a set of folders in which there are images and into which you can put images.
4. In order to add an image from your computer to the server use the Upload area at the bottom of the screen.
5. Click on the browse button to choose a file from your computer and when that is done use the Start upload to load the file onto the server.
6. Once a file (image) is on the server, it can be added to the article
7. Using the same interface you drill through to the correct directory and then choose the image you want.
8. One image at a time
9. By selecting an image, the Image URL field is filled in
10. You should type in a description and title in the other 2 fields – these should always be filled in and should contain strong keywords.
11. Final step in adding the image is to click the Insert button in the Top right of the interface.
12. A couple of other options are available with regard to the image. These are accessed via this button
1. Alignment – line the image up to the left or right or centre etc
2. Dimensions – its good practice to specify the actual dimensions of the image
1. (you can click on a corner of the image to do this automatically)
3. Border – if required for display purposes
4. Vertical and Horizontal space – I always set this to something around 10 just to keep the text and images separate.