If you need to give your website a marketing boost or increase the conversion rate on your website try adding a video. Video can have a dramatic effect on your website as it grabs the attention of viewers and helps them understand your product and service.
As consumers, we like to spend as little time as possible on a web page. I like to call this trait “MTV Syndrome”. MTV Syndrome is the short attention span that Internet users have when viewing a web page. They want the information fast and easy to find. Otherwise they will leave your website and go surfing elsewhere.
With a video you can condense your marketing message into a short visual that will be more powerful than text or image alone. Video appeals to viewers who have MTV Syndrome. It is a medium that they have grown up with in the form of YouTube and other video platforms. YouTube is the God of web video and a platform that is embedded throughout the web. Have a look at the video below. It fast become a viral sensation on YouTube. If you come up with a strong concept you can showcase your video on your website but also across the web. A successful video on YouTube can have millions of hits. (See The Rubber Bandits on YouTube.)
- The average YouTube user spends between 15 and 25 minutes a day on the site
- YouTube has 490 million unique users worldwide per month
- YouTube says that on average there are more than 400 tweets per minute containing a YouTube link.
- Meanwhile, over on Facebook over 150 years worth of YouTube videos are watched every single day.
I would recommend having a YouTube channel for your video content as another leaf to your social media portfolio. Remember the more places people can find you across the web the better.
- It is a great showcase for your company, product and service.
- You can drive traffic from your videos to your website.
- The backlinks from YouTube will help the SEO value of your website.
Once you have a YouTube channel you can easily embed your video on your website via YouTube. I would recommend locating the video near the top of the website where visitors will find it easily. Give video marketing a try and see how your conversion rates fare. It is a great opportunity to embrace new media and experiment with video marketing...not to mention helping the MTV Generation to understand your website!