Search engine optimisation is a relatively new Internet service. A large number of businesses have sprung up in recent years providing SEO services across Ireland. So with the choice of so many companies, how do you choose the right one?
I will first of all outline some points to look out for in an SEO company that you should avoid.
1. If an SEO company offers 1000+ directory entries into directories across the web. This is usually an automated process where your website details will be distributed to low level directories and not add any significant SEO input to your website.
2. SEO is a process and if are offered a position at number one spot in Google organic search listings overnight, it usually is too good to be true and won’t happen! If you need to be seen immediately on page one of Google I would recommend, in conjunction with the SEO campaign, using PPC advertising.
3. If you know even a small amount about SEO and the website you are viewing is not optimised, I would be vary about approaching them. If an SEO company has a website that is not optimised, it shows that their technical ability may be lacking.
What to look for in an SEO company that provides a professional, reliable service.
1. An SEO company that provides testimonials is a positive signal for customers. If you want, ask the company featured in the testimonials about the service they received.
2. Look out for case studies. SEO companies that have proven track records of success with website positioning are a good indication that they know what they are talking about.
3. A website that has strong SEO attributes is a good sign that the company knows what they are doing.
4. Not all companies offer it, but if a company offers a service based on the quality of the results, this is a great reassurance that they know how to perform at the highest level.
I hope these tips will be of some use to you in choosing the right SEO company for your business.