Imagine this. Your website has been up and running for 10 months. You have a steady stream of inquires coming through the website. And some of these inquiries are turning into sales. But you still haven’t reached the target sales that you are looking for. What do you do?
1) Install Google Analytics on your website. “But that is just for measuring the amount of visitors”, you may ask yourself. The point of analytics is to track visitor numbers, visitor keywords, visitor pages, visitor origins and behaviors. And with this information you can begin to change your content so that you maximize your visitors and sales conversions. Overtime trends will appear in the analytics that will mould how your landing page content, meta tags and keywords.
2) Have a bright and loud “call to action”. Sometimes all it takes to transform a viewer on your website to a conversion is a call to action. The call to action needs to stand out from the background and ideally be near the top of your website. Forms such as request a demonstration, download a copy, request a call with a sales representative or free quotation, all generate strong leads on your website.
3) Market your product or service in social media. Social media continues to grow across the world. It is the perfect place to market your product or service. Best of all, it does not cost you anything except for time. If you have a special offer for your product or service you can market it across social media like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in a matter of minutes. You can then link back to your website and promote both at the same time.
4) Spend time on keyword research. To increase the traffic to your website you have to know what keywords to use in your content, meta tags and URLs. This is a vital part of any website and will help you climb the search engine ladder and increase the sales leads you receive. There has to be a balance of keyword density throughout your website otherwise you will end up with too few or two many (keyword stuffing) keywords.
5) Write a press release about your new product or service. Media organizations are hungry for news. If you write an engaging press release about your product or service, there is a good chance that it will get published. Once written, send it out to print media, industry blogs, radio stations, internet radio and any recognized websites in your industry. News stories are influential, so will add authority to your product or service.