Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of making on and off-site interventions to a website. These interventions are done to help the website appear in search results for keywords that are entered into search engines.
When a visitor enters words into a search engine, the search engine will order the websites in terms of relevance. What SEO does is target a group of keywords that are most relevant to your business area. This in turns makes your website appear most relevant to search engines and will help your website get listed at the top of the list.
Top 5 Reasons why SEO is important for your website:
- It will help your website be found by vistiors.
- A website that has good SEO will rank high in search engines.
- When your website is ranked high in search engines, this will help increase the amount of traffic you get.
- Your sales leads will increase as the amount of visitors to your website increase.
- The overall presence of your website across the Internet will develop which helps spread your business name, products, and enables the expansion of your business in the future.